Friday, February 25, 2011

Mahi Mahi with Avocado Salsa


Lately, I've been trying to add more fish and vegetables into our family's diet.  I've been on the prowl for simple weeknight meals that fit the bill for being tasty and nutritious.  I watch the Dr. Oz show on occasion and noticed that they oftentimes recommend recipes and post them on their website.  I thought I'd start my search there.  This was the first recipe that I tried and I'm pleased to say that I am very impressed!

The lemon in the salsa goes perfectly with the fish and really ties it all together.  I have also substituted the red onion for scallions, added minced garlic, and included salt and pepper.  I also added salt and pepper to the fish before broiling.  Overall this is a quick and excellent dish!  Oh yeah, and healthy.  :)

Mahi Mahi with Avocado Salsa

4 (6oz to 8oz) Mahi Mahi fillets
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and pepper

2 cups ripe avocado, peeled and diced
1/2 cup red onion, finely diced
1 cup tomatoes, peeled and seeded
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 cup cilantro leaves, finely chopped
Salt and pepper

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, place fish on baking sheet and brush with olive oil.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Bake until fish is flaky and registers 140-145 degrees internally.

While fish is baking, prepare avocado salsa by mixing together remaining ingredients.

Serve with 3 tablespoons of salsa per fish fillet.

Easy breezy!

Source:  Dr Oz


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...