Sunday, March 27, 2011

Chicken, Veggie, and Gorgonzola Panini


I have recently rediscovered my Hamilton Beach grill (their version of the George Forman grill) and I've been burning it up Panini-making!  I've discovered all kinds of yummy combinations and I'm excited to share them with you.  Here is a panini that I made by combining leftover chicken, sauteed vegetables, and gorgonzola cheese.  I like to make paninis with thicker slices of Italian bread because the bread doesn't become miniscule after it has been pressed.  The combination of toasty bread, warm melted cheese, and any fillings your taste buds are craving, makes this quick meal a hit.  So far we've had panini breakfast sandwiches, healthy and warm lunch sandwiches, and quick weeknight panini dinners.  I'm so glad I remembered having this indoor grill!  But, someday I wouldn't mind having an actual panini press - and the Cuisinart Griddler looks pretty nice!

Chicken, Veggie, and Gorgonzola Panini

Thick slices of Italian bread
Olive oil
Slices of chicken
Sauteed vegetables (zucchini, bell peppers, onions, garlic, mushrooms)
Crumbled gorgonzola cheese
Smear of mayo

Directions:

Heat grill or press for 5 minutes while gathering ingredients.  Brush one side of bread with olive oil and place oil side down on grill.   Top bread with chicken, veggies, and gorgonzola.  Smear a little mayo on another piece of bread and place mayo side down on sandwich.  Brush top of last piece of bread with olive oil.  Press until bread is toasty and golden brown.

Source:  original recipe


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...