Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Buttermilk Ranch Dressing



This salad dressing alone might bring me back to salads.  It is so delicious and the perfect accompaniment to any veggie snack, salad, or..pizza. :)  Not that I tried or anything..hehe.    I found myself looking for things to put it on, it's that good.   I can't wait for warmer weather so I can serve this up on a healthy salad next to nice grilled burgers.  Yum!  And I know what you're thinking...bacon ranch burgers.  :)  

Ranch Dressing

3/4 cup mayonnaise
3/4 cup sour cream
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1/4 to 3/4 cup buttermilk
1 small bunch of chives
Small handful of italian parsley
1 clove garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp white pepper

Place all ingredients with 1/4 cup of buttermilk in a food processor and blend until smooth and incorporated. Check consistency and blend in additional buttermilk if desired. In lieu of a food processor you may also use a blender or finely chop all ingredients by hand.
Store in an air-tight jar in the fridge.

Source: Confections of a Foodie Bride, originally from The Gourmet Cookbook, 2004



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...